It's been a year since I became a mommy! Today is Mason's first birthday! I don't know if I'm the only one like this but it feels almost bittersweet. His entire first year is gone in what seems like the blink of an eye and that bums me out a little. He's a toddler now and his "baby-ness" stage is over. I know he's still a "baby" but he's growing so fast and getting moody and walking all over the place, he's a little wrecking ball, he never sits still or cuddles anymore so he definitely feels like a toddler now. I just wish time had a pause button because you never take all those little things in that you'll wish you had once they're over. And to think in 4 short months he'll be a big brother is just crazy!
My little man is just growing up so fast! I love him to pieces!!!
So in other news we met with an OB yesterday. She went over the report from my last labour with me, said I grow beautiful, healthy, big babies. I'm measuring fine, baby was very squirmy and she had a super hard time pinning him down to get his heart rate, she did eventually find him and it was around 160. I'm up to almost 145 lbs which puts me at 20 lbs weight gain already. She said if I gained 5-10 lbs more than I did with my last pregnancy it would be fine, which it looks like is a very real possibility the way its piling on this time.
We talked about a VBAC and I got the answers I had pretty much expected. She said that barring any issues or complications coming up in the next 4 months, if I make it to my EDD with nothing to worry about and I go into labour on my own there is no reason I can't at least attempt a VBAC. The catch is that I have to be a labour superstar and they would be monitoring me very closely and have me on a very short leash in term of things going wrong or failure to progress since my pregnancies are so close together and that puts me at a slightly higher risk for uterine rupture. So if we have a stubborn baby that is in a weird position and gets stuck again I would need a c/s cuz they can't give me any of the normal "induction" drugs to help me progress, it has to be all me and my body. So all in all I'm pleased, all I wanted was the opportunity to at least try to do a VBAC, whether its successful or not doesn't matter I just want to try.
Other than that all the ultrasound results came back normal at my last appt. It looks like we have another huge headed baby on our hands, which is oh so fun for me. Mason's one year appt is tomorrow and my next prenatal appt is next week. Once Chris gets his new schedule I'll be booking our fancy 3D ultrasound too.
