So it looks like my sweet baby boy is going to need surgery :( We had his appt with a urologist yesterday and he said that Mason would need surgery to bring his undescended testicle down. He tried to force it down by hand but it wasn't budging. He said since he can find it in the groin that will make the procedure very simple and straightforward. The urologist here doesn't see enough of these cases so he doesn't perform the surgeries anymore so he's referring us to a pediatric urologist in Saint John. I think that part sucks the most cuz now we'll have to make 2 trips down there, one for the consult and one for the actual surgery, plus we'll have the drive back right after the procedure. He said he was going to make a note that I was due in August on the referral form so that hopefully they could push it through and get it all taken care of before I have the new baby.
Things are good on the pregnancy front too. My 16 week appt went well, there are a few things that the doc is gonna keep an eye on (my thyroid was a little high and there was blood in my urine) but overall it went well. I hit 18 weeks on Monday, and there's only 5 more days until the big ultrasound!!!
We're all moved in with the exception a few random boxes. I got sick right after we moved, which sucked cuz you can't take anything. I'm just getting over it now. I made the leap and fully weaned Mason last week, he was down to only nursing once a day and having bottles the other times, so we finally got rid of the last one. It was a bit bittersweet, you know, it's nice that Chris can feed him more and that I get my boobs back, even if its only for 5 months, but I will miss the snuggly bonding time and closeness that comes with nursing. Since I had weaned him down to only once a day prior to fully doing it I didn't have much discomfort or engorgement, there was only like a days worth and now I'm back to before I got pg. Now the downside, 2 days after I fully weaned him, Mason caught the cold that he had successfully avoided for 2 weeks prior :/ So he has a phlegm-y little cough now, and a runny nose, oh and on top of that his 2 top teeth are finally getting ready to come in so he's teething on top of it all. My poor sick baby :( And Chris caught my cold over the weekend, so I had 2 sick babies to take care of. But did anyone take care of me when I was sick? Of course not! Guess I better get used to that since I'm a mom.
