24.3.09

Back as promised. Disappointingly uneventful OB appt. Apparently around these parts they don't start cervical checks until 39 weeks (of course I'm sure there are exceptions.) It does make sense I guess, since you can be dilated like 2 cm for weeks before labour, and most first time moms go late as opposed to early, so it would probably get their hopes up for nothing. So other than that, I don't think I gained any weight, my blood pressure was good, my hemoglobin was up, which was really good considering I've been terrible at taking the iron supplements my old doctor prescribed for me. I did my Group B Strep swab (which I had to do myself, weird) but when I did there was blood on the swab, but I haven't seen any on the TP when using the bathroom at all today, so who knows what thats about. I mentioned it to the OB but he didn't seem concerned at all. Oh and we got our pre-admitting form, I filled it all out and Chris is going to drop it in the mail tomorrow.

I am exhausted today though. I had my OB appt at a little after 10, and it was uptown, and then later that afternoon at 2 I had a dentist appt in the same medical building, so I decided to stay uptown all afternoon, and I am wiped. For starters, I haven't been up at 9 in like 3 weeks, so that was not helpful, second it was insanely windy today, someone needs to alert winter that it is time to throw in the towel. So that made the walk from the medical clinic up to the mall and back down a few hours later just that much less enjoyable, if I had known it was going to be that frigidly windy I would've brought my touque. And walking around the mall for a couple hours in crappy boots was just icing on the cake. I did buy almost everything I'll need for the baby's arrival, and the trip to the hospital though, I only need a couple more things now.

I think thats about it. It would've been nice to know if I'm dilated or effaced or any of that, but not knowing is probably better for me.