25.10.08

So I haven't been very good at updating this. We had the ultrasound. Everything looked good and was measuring only a day off, saw a teeny flickering heartbeat. It didn't really make me feel any better though since it was still so early. Had an appt with Dr. Ruest at the end of September at 11 weeks. Got to hear the heartbeat again, asked some questions, poked at my belly, etc. Hearing the heartbeat did put me a little more at ease, but not tons, although we did decide not to keep it a secret anymore after that. We have another appt this Tuesday where she'll do a pap and physical and fun poking at my lady parts stuff. Once we hear the heartbeat again during that appt, I'll relax and let myself get pumped and even start buying stuff. So I'm excited. I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, I never thought I'd make it this far :D

So I had a super weird dream last night. It was the first baby related dream I've had so far. I was about as far along as I am now, maybe a few more weeks, but not much. We were at a doctor's appt and there was an echo or something weird about the heartbeat so she sent us to get an ultrasound. We went there and they gave me drugs for it, which is not how they do it. Then in my dream I woke up face down on like a massage table with some ppl and a tech around me. I asked if they needed me to turn over for the ultrasound and they said they already did it and there was a lot of fluid so they felt it best to do a c-section. And it was a boy. And they sent me and the baby home that day! So none of that made sense, cuz a) a fetus that age would not be viable, and would never be allowed to leave that day, and b) you don't send ppl home the day they have sections, and c) you can't just drug someone and take out their baby wihtout permission. Oh and I'm not having a boy! So I think the entire dream was like the worst case scenario in the back of my mind. It was definitely weird. I hope I don't have anymore weird dreams like that.

Anyway thats about it. Appt this Tuesday, blood work Nov. 18, big halfway ultrasound Nov. 25!!! And our 3-D ultrasound is Jan. 3.